FEMM Teachers educate women and girls to understand ovulation as a sign of health. Starting from the physiology of the cycle, FEMM teachers help women to understand and manage their health and fertility.
- Recognize normal and healthy at various stages of a woman’s reproductive life, from puberty to menopause.
- Recognize abnormal cycles and symptoms and receive referral to FEMM doctor for diagnosis and treatment
- Affim symptoms ranging from acne, irregular bleeding, PMS and pain, as indicators of health abnormalities and support women to receive medical diagnosis and treatment as needed.
- Fertility support to help women achieve or avoid pregnancy
- Help women use the FEMM app to build a health record and receive personalized daily feedback about their health and goals
How can I become a FEMM Teacher?
- FEMM offers online Teacher Training certification courses.
– 10 week course instruction & online content, quizzes and support
– Guided practice teaching for five clients
– Full teaching materials provided following certification
What are the options/courses available for FEMM Teacher?
FEMM Teacher Certification
Summary: 9 week instruction (each class 90 minutes)
Week 1. FEMM Intro & Anatomy
Week 2. FEMM Session 1 – FEMM & Your Health (Learn how hormones influence your health & how to chart your hormonal activity.)
Week 3. FEMM Session 2 – FEMM Expert (Learn to identify healthy patterns or health problems.)
Week 4. FEMM Family Planning (Learn to manage your fertility.)
Week 5. FEMM Practice Teaching (PT) Overview & instructions
Week 6. The Reproductive Continuum
Week 7. History of Family Planning Methods
Week 8. The Continuum: Cycle Variations & Wellness
Week 9. Medical Management & Infertility; Chart assessment & Next Steps to Certification
Practice Teaching: Practice Teaching provides hands-on case study experience with the different cycles and experiences women have as they learn to chart, while receiving guidance and support from an experienced FEMM teacher.
teenFEMM Teacher Certification (prerequisite: FEMM Teacher Certification)
What is in this course?
1. Your body – normal & healthy
2. Charting – recognizing signs of health
3. Puberty – understanding hormones
4. Beginning of life – hormones, choices & sexual health
5. Brain and hormones – brain development & emotions
6. Your health – daily decisions impact your health
teenFEMM provides girls with knowledge about their bodies and cycles, and support to navigate their health and well being during this critical phase of their life.
FEMM teaching materials are available to FEMM certified teachers in Spanish.
I started FEMM teacher training but did not finish. What can I do?
If you took a FEMM Teacher Training course but did not complete your certification requirements within 1 year of the start of your course, Contact Us.
FEMM and teenFEMM Teacher Certification
Online | Wednesdays | Apr 10 – Jun 12, 2019 | 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM EST | Teacher: Gabrielle Jastrebski
Online | Tuesdays | Jun 18 – Aug 20, 2019 | 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM EST | Teacher: Gabrielle Jastrebski
Online | Tuesdays | Sep 3 – Nov 5, 2019 | 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM EST | Teacher: Gabrielle Jastrebski
FEMM Teacher Certification
Online | Wednesdays | Apr 10 – Jun 5, 2019 | 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM EST | Teacher: Gabrielle Jastrebski
Online | Tuesdays | Jun 18 – Aug 13, 2019 | 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM EST | Teacher: Gabrielle Jastrebski
Online | Tuesdays | Sep 3 – Oct 29, 2019 | 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM EST | Teacher: Gabrielle Jastrebski
teenFEMM Teacher Certification (prerequisite FEMM Teacher Certification)
Online | June 12, 2019 | 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM EST | Teacher: Gabrielle Jastrebski
Online | Aug. 20, 2019 | 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM EST | Teacher: Gabrielle Jastrebski
Online | Nov. 5, 2019 | 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM EST | Teacher: Gabrielle Jastrebski